[vorbis-dev] More spec notes

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold-vorbisdev at arnoldnet.net
Fri Aug 2 14:36:37 PDT 2002

A few more notes on the specs -- I just spent a few minutes and did up
floor 1 header decode. Short and sweet, but still important.

Monty, please read these and my several earliers -- I'm trying to
improve and validate the spec for your codec, and though I understand
you were taking a break before, a reply would be appreciated. Note
(again, if you read my other emails) that if you help me get CVS
access restored, I can make some of the changes myself instead of
bugging you for everything.

Another person has already expressed interest in undertaking a similar
project to mine. For that and other reasons, I'd also like to commit
what I have so far to CVS.

Here goes for this round:

vorbis-spec-floor1.html
* header decode
- step 5 - so maximum_class + 1 iterations?
- step 9/10 - what to do if subclasses == 0 (or does it matter? I don't think so)
- step 12 - really subtract 1? why not store it minus 1 in the stream?
- step 22 - the first assignment writes to X_list element j+values = 0+1 = 1,
  overwriting the previously stored element there -- how big is X_list anyway?

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>
- "Know thyself."