[vorbis-dev] rehuff [source attached]

R.L. Horn eastcheap at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 2 04:24:57 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> But seriously: if you can please try this same rehuff run on, say,
> x86/linux, and
> see if that _does_ output a valid file (well, a *more* valid file at
> least), that'd
> be somewhat helpful.

Although this has already apparently been resolved, you might find the
following informative.  Using x86 linux/glibc 2.2.5/gcc 2.95.3/latest rehuff
(with or without the for-loop semicolon fix), I get the following from
ogginfo for a rehuffed stream:

  Processing file "cdda2.ogg"...

  New logical stream (#1, serial: 00003039): type vorbis
  Warning: Vorbis stream 1 does not have headers correctly framed. Terminal
  header page contains additional packets or has non-zero granulepos
  Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
  Version: 0
  Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
  Channels: 2
  Rate: 44100

  Nominal bitrate: 112.001000 kb/s
  Upper bitrate not set
  Lower bitrate not set
  Vorbis stream 1:
          Total data length: 1051820 bytes
          Playback length: 1m:55s
          Average bitrate: 72.941748 kbps
  Logical stream 1 ended

That said, the output from oggdec is identical for the original and rehuffed
streams.