[vorbis-dev] ogg123 patch for tag display

Adrien Beau adrien.beau at free.fr
Tue Apr 9 12:11:51 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 9 April 2002 11:52, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> David Gasaway wrote:
> > Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > > Please no.  Either leave everything as-is in the file, or
> > > put everything in upper case.
> >
> > The existing code does neither - you object to it as well?
>
> The existing code prints every "normal" comment as-is.  I
> object to it special casing some tags, yes.

Expect for the "Copyright" tag, which is printed without ":"
at the end, in order to make a neat (and useles imho) effect
like "Copyright 2002, MusicCorp" instead of
"Copyright: 2002, MusicCorp".

I'm all for leaving all the tags as they have been written in
the Ogg, adding ": " and the value of the tag. It incombs to
the author of the tags to write them in a sensible way, or in
the most hackerish way if so he wishes (cOpYrIgHt: n0 waY dUdE).

As for the issue of mispelled tags, perhaps we could simply
prefix the recognized tags with "* " or "+ " and the others
with "  "? Or leave it as an option somewhere?

--
adrien.beau at free.fr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr