[vorbis-dev] Borland compiler issues

Chris Craig chris3 at cs.mun.ca
Fri Sep 28 18:47:40 PDT 2001

Where can I download stable RC2 source code?  I've downloaded the nightly
CVS, but it seems unusable right now.  The Windows SDK does not appear
to include source code or Borland compatible libraries.

One thing I've noticed about the nightly CVS code is that the nested
alloca() calls seem to confuse Borland's compiler.  I had to change
code in mapping0_forward() from:

        zerobundle[0]=alloca(sizeof(int)*vi->channels);

to:

        z=alloca(sizeof(int)*vi->channels);  /* int *z; */
        zerobundle[0]=z;

I'm considering that yet another Borland compiler bug.

Another problem I found is that in vorbis_analysis_wrote(), the line

        vorbis_lpc_predict(lpc,v->pcm[i]+v->eofflag-order,order,
                v->pcm[i]+v->eofflag,v->pcm_current-v->eofflag);

the final parameter "v->pcm_current-v->eofflag" evaluates to a huge
value (33MB+) at the end of a file, so that in vorbis_lpc_predict(),
alloca is trying to allocate 33MB of stack space (which returns NULL).
Could this be some related compiler bug, or is this a vorbis bug?

Chris
http://www.goldwave.com