[vorbis-dev] Formats other than Vorbis in Ogg

rillian rillian at telus.net
Wed Sep 26 11:01:18 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, September 26, 2001, at 12:03 , Jonathan Stewart wrote:

> What formats does Ogg intend to support?  I know that there's work on
> Ogg Tarkin going on.  But what about putting a plain wave file into the
> Ogg framework?

Just to add to what michael said, I think having an uncompressed or
lossless audio format for ogg will be a useful thing...mostly for video
from my point of view. MNG + lossless audio + ogg would make a nice open
format for video editing/master distribution. Of course you can easily
think of lots of ways to wrap pcm in ogg, but so far there's been no
real need. Getting to a place where we can afford lossless compression
on both the audio in video might be an interesting thing.

  -r