[vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools reorganziation and UTF-8 stuff

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS edmundo at rano.org
Tue Sep 25 06:54:45 PDT 2001

volsung at asu.edu <volsung at asu.edu>:

> Um, we already use iconv.  :)  We actually have three implementations in
> utf8.c: win32 (totally different), iconv (for UNIX), and a very simple
> converter for those cases where we don't have iconv.  If the platform has
> iconv, we use it.

Yes, I know. I'm suggesting that instead of expanding the simple
converter to cover converting from UTF-8, you throw out the simple
converter and require iconv, since people can always use libiconv if
necessary. You could perhaps also throw out the win32 code, as
libiconv is available on win32, apparently. Then you would have only
one implementation to worry about.

Edmund