[vorbis-dev] Examples now take file name arguments

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Sep 15 16:34:40 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:01:18PM -0700, Chris Wolf wrote:
> I added support for supplying file name(s) in the command line for i/o in the examples
> in "vorbis/examples".  If no arguments are supplied, then the current
> filter pipline mode (stdin/stdout for i/o) is used.

I really prefer the examples are not 'improved upon', and if they are,
not by means of features.  They're not production code.  They're
examples, intended to illustrate most compact possible working
implementation.

> The primary reason for this, is to be able to run these in a debugging session.

VC++ doesn;t let you do that?  (GDB certainly does).  If not, why not
debug using oggenc?

> Additionally, in the encoder example, instead of a hard-coded "data" chunk offset
> of 44, it finds the chunk regardless of the exact position.

Gaaahh...

Monty