Djlithium bad stream! Re: [vorbis-dev] Yet another backtrace

Oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Sep 12 22:13:38 PDT 2001

when listening to my stream which is exibiting this problem, I get the
following on song changes :

residue bit usage nan:nan (nan total)
residue bit usage nan:nan (nan total)
W: Stream error
Title:  Am I Evil?
Artist:  Metallica

Bitstream is 2 channel, 44100Hz
Encoded by: Xiphophorus libVorbis I 20010813

(this is using ogg123 to listen)

I think the problem is related to the 2 bytes of garbage that appear
between the 2nd and 3rd vorbis header, but I'm not sure..Monty, can you
confirm this ?

also, to be complete, I am including my code which sends the headers on a
song change, anything seem out of the ordinary ?

                 ogg_packet header_main;
                 ogg_packet header_comments;
                 ogg_packet header_codebooks;

                 vorbis_comment  vc;

                 char    title[1024] = "";
                 char    artist[1024] = "";

                 char    FullTitle[1024] = "";
                 char    SongTitle[1024] = "";
                 char    Artist[1024] = "";

                 memset(Artist, '\000', sizeof(Artist));
                 memset(SongTitle, '\000', sizeof(SongTitle));
                 memset(FullTitle, '\000', sizeof(FullTitle));

                 vorbis_comment_init(&vc);

                 if (!strcmp(gMetadataUpdate, "FALSE")) {
                         getCurrentSongTitle(SongTitle, Artist, FullTitle);
                         sprintf(title, "TITLE=%s", SongTitle);
                         vorbis_comment_add(&vc,title);
                         sprintf(artist, "ARTIST=%s", Artist);
                         vorbis_comment_add(&vc,artist);
                 }

                 /* Build the packets */
                 memset(&header_main, '\000', sizeof(header_main));
                 memset(&header_comments, '\000', sizeof(header_comments));
                 memset(&header_codebooks, '\000', sizeof(header_codebooks));

                 vorbis_analysis_headerout(&vd,&vc,
&header_main,&header_comments,&header_codebooks);

                 ogg_stream_packetin(&os,&header_main);
                 ogg_stream_packetin(&os,&header_comments);
                 ogg_stream_packetin(&os,&header_codebooks);

oddsock