[vorbis-dev] Very short sample bug

dragonsfire at lineone.net dragonsfire at lineone.net
Wed Sep 12 09:03:26 PDT 2001

Hi,

  I've created a few very short WAV files, one is zero length and the other
is 0.1 seconds of silence. I encoded them using RC2 versions of Oggenc
(Linux) and Oggdrop, both at 96kbps. When I try to play the encoded file
the player will freeze for about 2-5 seconds. This happens in both Winamp
and Ogg123, so I assume this is a bug in the vorbis library.

I've uploaded the files to http://website.lineone.net/~dragonsfire/vorbis/

Not sure if this has been fixed in CVS. If so ignore this message :)

-Phil