[vorbis-dev] Problems trying to run the examples in windows vorbis sdk

Pablos-Sanchez, Rolando Rolando_Pablos-Sanchez at hplb.hpl.hp.com
Tue Sep 4 10:00:45 PDT 2001

I have just downloaded the vorbis sdk for windows, for researching purposes.

I have compiled the example 'encoder_example.c' just to start, and it
compiles, but I got a error in the following line just at the beginning:
vorbis_encode_init(&vi,2,44100, -1, 128000, -1);
The error is more or less: The instruction at '0xaddresss' referenced memory
at '0xaddress'. The memory could not be "read".
Something about bad pointed pointers, I think.
So I haven't been able to start testing yet. I have tried with static link
library and dynamic but nothing to do. Besides, with the static link I got
the following linker errors:
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in
LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in
LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _calloc already defined in
LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj)
etc...

Then I have downloaded the source and I got the same problem, but now I know
in which exact line the error is.
Inside the vorbisenc.c, we have the following function:
static void codec_setup_partialcopy(codec_setup_info *ci,
codec_setup_info *cs){
int i;
memcpy(ci,cs,sizeof(codec_setup_info)); /* to get the flat numbers */
/* codebooks */
for(i=0;i<ci->books;i++){
ci->book_param[i]=cs->book_param[i];
}
/* time backend settings */
for(i=0;i<ci->times;i++){
ci->time_param[i]=_time_P[ci->time_type[i]]-> // <---The error is in this
line
copy_info(cs->time_param[i]);
}

Finally, just to say that decoder_example.c compiles and works, so it seems
that the problem is just encoding.
I am using VC++ 6.0 under Windows 2000.
If anyone knows how I can fix this problem, please, let me know.
Thank you very much