[vorbis-dev] Almost there...

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Wed Oct 24 14:07:00 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, 24 October 2001 at 13:55, Chris Wolf wrote:
> >Ok, I managed to compile the Ogg and Vorbis libs. Then, after modifying
> >the file audio_out.c as follows:
> >
> >original: #include <dlfcn.h>
> >modified: #include <win32/include/dlfcn.h>
>
> Do not make this modification.  The header "win32/include/dlfnc.h" is only for windows.  The location
> you want is "/usr/include/dlfnc.h" -- however if you look at the output of autoconf that you sent,
> you will find were it says "checking for dlfcn.h... no"  -- I believe you must fix this problem first,
> What OS and version are you on?  I see that the hardware is a ppc, so I guess
> it's some kind of Linux port to Apple...

The OS appears to be Darwin, aka OS X's BSD layer. dlfcn doesn't come
with it, but you can get it from fink in the dlcompat package, I
believe. If you don't have fink (fink.sourceforge.net), you'll probably
want it sooner or later if you're doing unixy stuff on X.

After you pick up dlcompat you'll have to figure out where it got
installed. In a normal fink installation it's in /sw/include, so  you'll
want to pass that into configure, probably via  something like

CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib ./configure ...

-b