[vorbis-dev] Re: ogg123 testing

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Fri Nov 23 17:48:11 PST 2001

Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:

> Um, -pthread should go in CFLAGS.

I guess you are right, but I wish I could find this documented
anywhere.

Miod Vallat <miod at openbsd.org> suggests this general fragment, which
looks very good indeed:

AC_CACHE_CHECK(
        [if compiler recognizes -pthread],
        myapp_cv_gcc_pthread,
        ac_save_CFLAGS=$CFLAGS
        CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -pthread"
        AC_LANG_SAVE
        AC_LANG_C
        AC_TRY_LINK([#include <pthread.h>],
                [void *p = pthread_create;],
                myapp_cv_gcc_pthread=yes,
                myapp_cv_gcc_pthread=no
        )
        AC_LANG_RESTORE
        CFLAGS=$ac_save_CFLAGS
)
if test $myapp_cv_gcc_pthread = yes
then
        myapp_threads=""
        CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -pthread"
else
        dnl AC_CHECK_HEADERS(pthread.h) unreliable
        AC_CHECK_LIB(pthread,pthread_create,myapp_threads=-lpthread,
             [AC_CHECK_LIB(c_r,pthread_create,myapp_threads=-lc_r)])
fi

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de