[vorbis-dev] Re: ogg123 running under MacOS X

Elifarley C.Coelho elifarley at task.com.br
Mon Nov 5 04:11:22 PST 2001

> The ogg123 help will only show the devices that libao says are
> available. When libao is initialized, it checks the
> $PREFIX/lib/ao/plugins-2/
> directory for plugins to load. ($PREFIX is usually /usr/local or /usr) I
> would check this directory to see which output drivers are on disk. If
> you
> find macosx.so and esd.so, then libao is for some reason unable to load
> them. This could be a linking problem of some sort or a problem with the
> dlopen() implementation.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> ---
> Stan Seibert

Here is what I have there:

[localhost:~/Sources/ogg] ecc% l /usr/local/lib/ao/plugins-2/
total 216
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  32032 Nov  4 17:28 libesd.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    797 Nov  4 17:28 libesd.la
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  67268 Nov  4 17:28 libmacosx.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    723 Nov  4 17:28 libmacosx.la

How can I tell ao to look for libesd.dylib instead of esd.o ?

Cheers,

Elifarley C. Coelho
http://www.geocities.com/elifarley/