[vorbis-dev] Re: ogg123 testing

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Thu Nov 22 21:15:38 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> <volsung at asu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Please test:
> >
> > cvs co -r volsung_kc_20011011 vorbis-tools
> > cd vorbis-tools/ogg123
> > make debug
>
> buffer.c: In function `_buffer_thread_cleanup':
> buffer.c:59: syntax error before `)'
>
> I guess there's something wrong with this funky DEBUG() macro.
> Okay, #undef DEBUG_BUFFER, trying again.

Whoops.  I should have turned that off.

> You will need to add some autoconf glue to deal with pthreads.
> Okay, added -pthreads, trying again.

Okay, fixed that in CVS.

> ogg123.o: Undefined symbol `_on_exit' referenced from text segment
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Well, on_exit() doesn't appear to be defined anywhere.  No dice.

Ahh, I just discovered that on_exit() is a SunOS 4 function which glibc
supports for compatibility.  atexit() should be used everywhere else.  I have
fixed autoconf to detect this (hopefully).  Also in CVS.

Thanks for catching this!  Hopefully, now things will work.

---
Stan Seibert