[vorbis-dev] Licensing and logo images

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Nov 15 23:02:50 PST 2001

At 03:37 PM 11/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>> Correct.
>
>The problem with COPYING is that it's kind of a non-sequitur.  Taken
>literally, it makes it look like the product itself (not Ogg Vorbis) is
>(C) 2001 Xiphophorous.  The actual text is:

You don't need to reproduce the file as-is, you just need the contents
somewhere. Off the top of my head... I'd probably have a file called
Vorbis-license.txt, or whatever, which says "This product contains
libvorbis software from Xiphophorus, licensed under the following terms"
(or something along those lines), followed by the contents of the
COPYING file.

Hell, throw the detailed contents of the COPYING filesomewhere deep on
the install cd where nobody will ever look, and just have a pointer to
it from the readme, or whatever, if you want.

Michael