[vorbis-dev] libao - patch for ALSA (0.5.x) plugin

R.L. Horn eastcheap at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 02:16:37 PST 2001

The enclosed patch to ao_alsa.c (src/plugins/alsa/ao_alsa.c) fixes (after
a fashion) a problem I had with interrupted snd_pcm_write() calls.
Apparently this behaves like write() rather than fwrite() and needs to be
handled accordingly.

The fix is dirty, but it gets the thing working.

The patch is against the 0.8.0 version of libao, but I believe the latest
ao_alsa.c from CVS is similar (if not identical).  I can't be certain
since I don't seem to be able to access xiph.org CVS anymore after
switching ISPs (expect me to gripe about that in more detail later :)).

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>TEXT/PLAIN attachment: ao_alsa.interrupted_write.patch
</UL>