[vorbis-dev] ogg123 running under MacOS X

Elifarley C.Coelho elifarley at task.com.br
Sun Nov 4 06:42:46 PST 2001

I finally managed to compile ogg123 under MacOS X, after creating a PB
project for it.

Rillian, do you want to include the PB project in cvs? (it needs a LOT
of polishing, though).

----------
Ogg123 from PACKAGE VERSION
  by Kenneth Arnold <kcarnold at arnoldnet.net> and others

Usage: ogg123 [<options>] <input file> ...

   -h, --help     this help
   -V, --version  display Ogg123 version
   -d, --device=d uses 'd' as an output device
       Possible devices are:
         null wav raw au
   -f, --file=filename  Set the output filename for a previously
       specified file device (with -d).
   -k n, --skip n  Skip the first 'n' seconds
   -o, --device-option=k:v passes special option k with value
       v to previously specified device (with -d).  See
       man page for more info.
   -b n, --buffer n  use a buffer of approximately 'n' kilobytes
   -v, --verbose  display progress and other useful stuff
   -q, --quiet    don't display anything (no title)
   -z, --shuffle  shuffle play

ogg123 will skip to the next song on SIGINT (Ctrl-C) after s seconds
after
song start.  -l, --delay=s  set s (default 1). If s=-1, disable song
skip.

P.S.: There is no ESD nor MACOSX output devices yet, and I don't know
why. I had to first decode the music to a wav file, the play it using
esdcat.

Elifarley C. Coelho
http://www.geocities.com/elifarley/