[vorbis-dev] Tag Comments/Format

Chris Hirsch chris at ewa-denver.com
Thu Nov 1 08:52:13 PST 2001

Hey all...is there a place I go for the proposed standard on what the
comments will look like in a vorbis file? I know artist, track and all
that are standardized (at least by ogginfo) but what about things like
CDDB_ID or GENRE (yeah I know nobody uses it) or ENCODE_DATE (if anybody
else uses it).

I'm really interested in trying to encode my ogg files so that any
utilities I use will be compatable with the tags.

I do realize that one of the standards is to have no standard and keep
it open but it certainly helps to use a more standard tag so that you
can play an ogg file on something like xmms and winamp and all the
proper values for the file show up in both players. Plus it allows for
much easier input into a database automatically if most things are
standardized.

Thanks for any input,
Chris