[vorbis-dev] MIME types registration

rillian rillian at telus.net
Wed May 23 19:06:38 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, May 22, 2001, at 10:42 , Monty wrote:

> Actually, a Vorbis I stream is defined to be degenerate at the moment.
> A non-degenerate stream has a metaheader before any stream header.
>
> I'd be willing to consider it a bug, but if we're going to fix it, we
> have 7 days to do so.  Considering there's no metaheader spec yet,
> there's no realistic chance to do so.

Oh come on, monty. Have you been reading any of this discussion? You've
already agreed it's a bug that would be fixed, and the alternate
vorbis-first proposal solves all this very cleanly while giving us until
*tarkin's* rc1 to settle on a metaheader format. Nothing evil about it.
The issue is whether encoders based on the next release will choke on
additional substreams.

I'll see if I can get a patch out in the next week.

  -ralph