[vorbis-dev] Spectral band replication

Jan.Tangring at et.se Jan.Tangring at et.se
Mon May 14 05:59:04 PDT 2001

>>  Do you (or the ogg vorbis community) understand how SBR works? There is
>>  info on http://www.codingtechnologies.de/technology/sbr.htm
>>  bnut I am guessing this infop is not enough to explain the technology.

Robert Voigt:
>I haven't heard about SBR before. After reading that webpage I can say the
>following:  [ . . . ]  I don't think SBR will give an improvement
>such that 64kbps will sound as
>good as 100kbps conventional mp3.

- Unfortunately your source is wrong in his assumtions, comments Lars
Liljeryd on Robert Voigts statement.

- We cannot see that there are inherent or future limitations in SBR
when in comes to higher sound quality.

Lars Liljeryd says he don't want to speculate on where lies the
"sweet spot" of SBR.  He is not willing to supply further technical
details on how SBR works.

--
-- Jan Tångring, reporter Datateknik 3.0 (www.datateknik30.se)