[vorbis-dev] Application Crashes When Calling ov_time_seek() function

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri May 11 20:37:23 PDT 2001

At 02:56 PM 5/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I’m running into a problem with my application crashing when I make a call
>to the ov_time_seek() function.
>
>The call includes the OggVorbis_File and it is indeed seekable, as I first
>check that using the ov_seekable() function.  Everytime, however I try to
>seek forward, the application dies with a core dump.  I’m working with the
>example from the “VorbisFile Documentation” site.
>
>The application is compiled using gcc version 2.96 20000731 on a Red Hat
>Linux 7.0 system (Intel).
>
>Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?  Any ideas on this issue?

I can't think of any bugs that have been reported that sound similar to
this. If you could, please give us a code fragment. Also, it'd be good
if you reported this on bugs.xiph.org (if you can provide sufficient code
to reproduce the problem).

It's also worth trying latest cvs code, since you didn't say what version
you're using. (this is unlikely to fix it, it's probably a mistake in
your code, but worth a try just in case).

Michael