[vorbis-dev] Application Crashes When Calling ov_time_seek() function

Greg Mayer gmayer at siliconetix.com
Fri May 11 14:56:04 PDT 2001

I’m running into a problem with my application crashing when I make a call
to the ov_time_seek() function.

The call includes the OggVorbis_File and it is indeed seekable, as I first
check that using the ov_seekable() function.  Everytime, however I try to
seek forward, the application dies with a core dump.  I’m working with the
example from the “VorbisFile Documentation” site.

The application is compiled using gcc version 2.96 20000731 on a Red Hat
Linux 7.0 system (Intel).

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?  Any ideas on this issue?

Thanks,

Greg Mayer

Greg Mayer
Siliconetix Corporation
gmayer at siliconetix.com

"The voice emerges literally from the body as a representation
 of our inner world.  It carries our experience from the past,
 our hopes and fears for the future, and the emotional resonance
 of the moment."
                                                  - David Whyte