[vorbis-dev] libao AU driver

Aaron Plattner aaronp at crosswinds.net
Wed May 9 17:17:42 PDT 2001

Looks good to me.  The patch didn't apply quite right, but after I applied it by
hand it worked fine (on Linux x86 = little-endian), although ogg123 still has
problems playing multiple ogg files and writing to a file at the same time
(that's not an ao_au problem)...

Aaron Plattner

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:32:30PM -0400, William T. Mahan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed there was some discussion on this list about the desire
> for ogg123 to support output to stdout via Sun's .au file format, so
> I decided to give implementing an AU driver for libao a shot.  Here
> is my first attempt.
>
> To test the driver:
> 	* Apply the patch below (against ao in CVS)
> 	* Copy the attached ao_au.c into ao/src
> 	* Run ao/autogen.sh, compile, and install
> 	* Test: e.g. ogg123 -d au -o file:- | play -t au -
>
> This is my first patch to libao, so any comments or suggestions
> would be appreciated.  Thanks to Stan Seibert for the raw
> output driver, which I used as an example.  I hope someone
> finds this driver useful.
>
> Regards,
> Wil Mahan

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>