[vorbis-dev] Rehuff

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Tue May 1 06:48:44 PDT 2001

Aaron Plattner wrote:

> I was wondering: Is rehuff still being worked on?  I'm trying to get it to work

I'll write a new, clean, rehuff when I'm finished with libogg2.  And
I've not yet started that, even.  Time constraints...

> with the most recent CVS vorbis, but I don't really know what to do.  Will it be
> included in vorbis-tools eventually, or will it always be a separate thing?

Note that rehuff is not really useful for end users, as all production codebooks
are very carefully tuned.  I started rehuff to see if it would create smaller
streams, and discovered it only helps very little.  But it is useful for
developers sometimes; they can just use the current version of rehuff
and live with
its shortcomings.

Dagdag,

Segher