[vorbis-dev] Problems with the beta4 rpms

Ingo Saitz Ingo.Saitz at stud.uni-hannover.de
Tue Mar 20 22:31:53 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 06:22:00PM -0800, rob at eorbit.net wrote:
> The beta4 rpms from the vorbis.com site do not install the link to
> libogg.so.0:

They don't need to. The soname of the library, the one that is
stored within the linked binaries, is libogg.so.0 whose link is
indeed present. The link named libogg.so is only required for
linking programs at compilation time and can be found along with
the also required header files in the -devel packages.

There is no need to have the link libogg.so if you only want to
run programs compiled against the static libraries.

> The same needs to be done for the libvorbis one, but I'm feeling lazy...

The above is also true for libvorbis and libao.

    Ingo

--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE