[vorbis-dev] Patches for NetBSD

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Mar 16 23:56:56 PST 2001

At 10:57 PM 3/16/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I submitted four new packages for the NetBSD pkgsrc collection: libao,
>libogg, libvorbis and vorbis-tools for 1.0beta4.

The patch to ao_wav.c was committed just before - thanks for finding
this one.
For the rest - the HAVE_OSS stuff I don't know about, since I don't know
autoconf/automake well enough to have a clue what it does - one of the
guys who does should take a look at this.

Everything else is pretty clearly wrong for (at least) linux, and possibly
other platforms that ogg123 runs on. They're presumably needed on netbsd,
so it's fair to say they should be added - but not as-is. Patches should
be contributed that fix platform-specific behaviour, not that change
platform-specific things to different platform-specific things.

Please, if you have the time, send us another patch which fixes these
problems, or at least just changes things for platforms without the
neccesary functions.

Michael

Michael