[vorbis-dev] Raw driver patch for libao (New Version)

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Wed Mar 14 17:45:49 PST 2001

Okay, here's the new version of the raw output driver.  It now allows output
in native, little-endian, and big-endian (to make the .cdr people
happy) order.  I've now had two different people request this driver, so I
know there is some demand for it.  Below are the patching directions
cut-and-pasted from the original email:

To add the driver:

       1) Copy ao_raw.c into ao/src/
       2) Apply ao_raw.patch to the ao/ tree.
       3) Apply vorbis-tools_raw.patch to the vorbis-tools/ tree. This just
          changes documentation and the help function for ogg123 to explain
          the new driver.
       4) Rerun autogen.sh in ao/ and recompile.
       5) Test with commands like:

ogg123 test.ogg -d raw -o file:test.raw
ogg123 test.ogg -d raw -o file:- | esdcat # Assuming you have esd

If someone does apply this, please send me a confirmation email.

---
Stan Seibert

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>