[vorbis-dev] Ogg123 error messages

Aaron Plattner AaronP at Crosswinds.net
Fri Mar 23 20:30:13 PST 2001

I know you're tired of hearing me complain about ogg123, but this time I noticed
that some of the error messages are a bit inconsistant.  Also, I noticed that
some things (like "Error connecting to server") are fatal errors that kill
ogg123, while I think they should simply go on to the next file in the list like
"input not an Ogg Vorbis audio stream" does.

Another problem that this patch doesn't fix: Trying to play a file that's not a
Vorbis file (and with this patch, missing files, bad servers, etc) causes main
to call ao_close on devices that aren't open, causing a segfault.

Finally, is anyone going to add some sort of buffer prebuffering?

Thanks.
Aaron Plattner

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: ogg123.c.diff
</UL>