[vorbis-dev] Patches for NetBSD

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Sat Mar 17 01:02:26 PST 2001

> Official Developers: When you receive patches or development suggestions
> can you please acknowledge them? (For example: "Noted.", "Thanks, but
> already done.", "Not necessary, because ...", "Interesting idea, but can
> you change ...", "Yes, will use for next release", "Your patch
> solves the problem, but there is a better way ...", etc.) The feedback
> doesn't need to be long, but would be nice for those who contribute.

Hi Jeremy,

This is generally done, unless we are too busy. Monty is not here at the
moment; that's not helpful, either. If you get no reply something is done,
nothing has been done (except perhaps reading/thinking about it). Normally,
this means it is still in the queue. You can mail here to question what has
happened to it.

Now, in this case, I don't think anyone will apply your patch as-is, as it
destroys building/running on anything different from netbsd. If you put some
#ifdef's around it, it stands a much bigger chance of going into the official
tree soon. Or ask someone nicely (someone with CVS access; that's not
me. I
get away with it easily... har har).

Oh, and you need a good configure test for NetBSD. Or detect all the specific
features you use.

Thanks for this work, btw. We _are_ friendly, you know :-)

Cheers,

Segher