[vorbis-dev] vorbis-utils features ;)

Gerry gerry at c64.org
Tue Mar 13 10:47:07 PST 2001

I've just started encoding some of my cd's to ogg with the new beta4-release,
and noticed a few "bugs" ..

[oggenc]

(*) When using long filenames that make the "encoding.."-line not fit in one
line, that line is repeated 1000 times on the screen (one for each .1
percent). That could be solved either by not including the filename on the
updating line (but above or below it), or by using some cursor movements or
direct placement instead (that would gain some marginal speedup as well ;)

(*) When entering a tracknumber with the -N option, i have the choice of
either prefixing it with '0' by hand for single-digit tracknumbers, or just
leave it the way it is. When leaving it at single-digit, the filenames are
sorted wrong, and when manually prefixing with 0, that extra 0 is also
entered in the TRACKNUMBER-field. How about an option to prefix
filename-tracknumbers only for single-digit tracks ? Fx. %N in stead of %n.

(*) At silent areas in a song (extracted digitally with cdparanoia) the
bitrate holds around 200 kps (-b 192).. That seems like a waste of bits to me
(but i'm not an expert on this, so i'll leave that decision to you :)

[ogg123]

(*) When done playing an ogg (or list of oggs), ogg123 always exits with an
segmentation fault. I tested this with both oss and null devices, with and
without -v. It happens every time.

Gerry