[vorbis-dev] CVS, etc...

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Mar 2 11:20:51 PST 2001

At 06:01 PM 3/1/01 -0600, you wrote:
>   This is the first time I have gotten to the point of wanting to submit
>code to (what I would consider) a major project.  Specifically, I have made
>a small change to oggenc/audio.c.  I will explain the change if necessary,
>but that us not the purpose of this post.
>   Primarily, I want to know how to submit changes?  Mail it to someone?
>Via CVS commit?  If CVS, how do I get access?
>   Also, I have had trouble logging in anonymously via CVS.  When I try to
>log on with the instructions on the cvs.html page, I get an error: "cvs
>[login aborted]: recv() from server xiph.org: Connection reset by peer"
>   Any help on these fronts is appreciated.

Unfortunately CVS tends not to be terribly verbose in its error messages.
It's possible that your host isn't able to be reverse-resolved - and the
cvs server is set up (for security reasons) to reject connections in this
case, I believe. Monty may be able to give a more definitive answer here.

As for code - you should send a patch to this list (vorbis-dev. NOT vorbis.
It is not appropriate to send mail to both lists in most cases, like you
did). Someone (since this is oggenc, almost certainly me) will commit your
patch if it is appropriate.

Michael