[vorbis-dev] gcc 2.95.2/irix/Laguerre_With_Deflation/inifinte loop

ber smith at panix.com
Sat Jun 23 16:24:04 PDT 2001

I built ogg vorbis from the rc1 cvs source on Irix 6.5.12
with gcc 2.95.2.  Using oggenc I encoded about 8,000 aiff files
but found about a dozen where oggenc would go into an infinite
loop.  I tracked the problem with Laguerre_With_Deflation() as far back
as
logmask being Inf in floor0_forward.  I'm now building gcc 3.0 with the
expectation this is a compiler issue.  If not, I'll back trace further.
Has this been observed by anyone else?  I didn't see it in a search of
the
archive.

        brian redman