[vorbis-dev] Quicktime, Ogg, Vorbis

Kevin Marks kmarks at apple.com
Mon Jun 18 10:33:57 PDT 2001

At 1:36 pm -0500 16/6/01, Steve Nicolai wrote:
>  > What does Steve Nicolai's Quicktime component do? Does it create
>>
>>  - an Ogg stream with Vorbis audio data inside it ?
>Yes.

Ths is a quicktime Export ('spit') component

>  > - a Quicktime stream with an Ogg track with Vorbis audio inside ?
>>  - a Quicktime stream with an audio track encoded with the Vorbis codec ?
>Why do you want both of these and how would you use one vs. the other?
>
>I would like to support using Vorbis in a QuickTime format file, but
>the codec does not support that currently.

This would need 2 more pieces - a QuickTime import component ('eat ')for .ogg
and a sound decompressor componend ('sdec') for Vorbis.

To encode to Vorbis directly within QT you'd need a sound compressor
component ('scom') and likely some changes to QT to cope with the VBR
characteristics of Vorbis.