[vorbis-dev] Vorbis file information.

James L. Davis davis at shell.bchosting.com
Sat Jun 9 23:03:47 PDT 2001

Hello,

        First off, congratulations on the studious work with
Ogg Vorbis. I have just a short question.  I'm working on a project that
would like to quickly gather some information about a file encoded with
ogg vorbis.  Specifically, the average bitrate and the length of the
stream as a function of seconds.  I've read, I think, that there is an
average bitrate stored in the stream someplace, however, do I
need to use the functionality of libogg in order to locate it?  Or is
there some 'magic' position in the file I can seek to and read
an integer quantity for this information.

                                        Respectfully,

                                        Jim