[vorbis-dev] Vorbis Win32 Componets for Delphi

John Zitterkopf zitt at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 7 10:36:40 PDT 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Michael Fink wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:36:37 +0200, Lourens Veen <jsr at dds.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >Matthijs Laan wrote:
> >>
> >> Looks like he's trying to make easy money from free software...
> >>

> >Well, that's what you get if you use the BSD license...(yes I'm aware of
> >the reasons for this)
>
> why not making a LGPL'd ActiveX control or a COM object, then he has
> nor market anymore :-) As the vorbis API is rather easy, this would be
> a trivial task.

I personally do not have an issue with what he is doing. If it means he's
going to be resposible for making sure it's debugged and works. 8)

At this point; I'd rather use an OCX right now... than fool around with
compiling vorbis source into DLL using VC++; then turning around and
debugging/writing Delphi headers to import it.

I've never written an OCX... I have; however, created DLLs from non-dll
source code (SOund eXchange)

John