[vorbis-dev] ogg123, buffering, tag

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Thu Jun 21 22:00:00 PDT 2001

I was just about to commit a big buffer overhaul when I realized that
it would probably break a lot of stuff and I'd get yelled at, so it's
in the kcarnold_work tag (or will be momentarily...). Have a look at
it, try to make it deadlock. If I messed up the CVS tagging, also let
me know -- I know only enough about CVS to be dangerous :)

This should also reduce CPU usage noticably. The reader and writer
process both spend a lot less time doing nothing now.

Verbose progress is not as responsive now (it should actually be more
responsive on a slower computer...) as a side effect (when buffering),
but since it's inaccurate anyway (and will probably stay that way),
nobody should really care :)

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>