[vorbis-dev] Offtopic: royalty free music for multimedia presentation.

Peter Surda shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at
Fri Jun 15 16:11:17 PDT 2001

Hi!

Sorry for being somewhat offtopic but I'm hoping someone can help me. I need
to download some music I can use in a one-time non-commercial multimedia
presentation (technically speaking I'll be demo-ing ogg123 :-)). I don't care
what it is, only it musn't suck and be somewhat suitable for general audience.
RMS's speeches simply don't cut :-)

So far all music I found on the net, even the "free" stuff on mp3.com,
explicitely doesn't allow what I intend (public performance).

So I have 2 questions:
- is some of the music on http://www.vorbis.com/music.html suitable?
- is there a URL with REALLY free (as in beer AND speech) music I can use?

I'd like to avoid any costs to those f***** "licensing companies", however I'd
be glad to pay a small amount directly to the artist if the music is suitable
for this. Even if I am doing this presentation voluntarily, and it only means
costs to me, I don't get any kind of compensation (hmm perhaps some free
drinks :-))

Yeah and I'm in hurry, I need this withing a couple of days.

Thanks in forward.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
            Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
     teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.