[vorbis-dev] libao: ogg123 branch ready

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Mon Jul 23 07:35:46 PDT 2001

A branch of ogg123 is in CVS now which you can use to test the libao
prerelease.  Because of the way I did the branch, checkout is a little screwy
(as Monty once said: "Know thy tools!").

(I am assuming here that you already have CVSROOT set correctly.)

cvs co vorbis-tools  # Notice there is no tag here!
cd vorbis-tools/ogg123
cvs update -r volsung_20010721

Or, if you already have checked out vorbis-tools, just change into the
vorbis-tools/ogg123 directory and execute the cvs update command given above.

Please, please, check several things:

Does libao and ogg123 compile on your platform?

Does playing a song with ogg123 (use -v option to see what is going
on) *without* specifying an output device work?  (i.e. can libao figure out a
useful default driver?)

Do file output drivers produce correct files (I'm especially interested in
people on big-endian machines)?  Be careful with wav files.  If you Ctrl-C the
application, the wav file will be incorrect.

Email me off-list (volsung at asu.edu) and let me know your OS, hardware, and
answers to the above questions.  Please cut and paste ouput, error messages,
etc.

Thanks!

---
Stan Seibert