[vorbis-dev] Ogg icons / glyphs -- use of copyrighted images?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Jul 14 08:35:43 PDT 2001

> If not I was thinking of modifying/reducing the Xiphophorus "fish" logo to
> use in my application; however, since the xiph www site claims these are
> both trademarked and copyrighted; I wondered what the rules are regarding
> these logos... including possible modification for GUI applications.

It's true, the website says that.  The reason it does is because it
was the easiest way we had of preventing someone from sticking a logo
of Ogg on something that wasn't Ogg compatable.  Not a fear now, but
possibly a fear later.

I need to find some better way to express what I intend for the Thor
logo (anyone following the spec may use the Thor and snake emblem)

Monty