[vorbis-dev] Mac BSD license question

Kevin Marks kmarks at apple.com
Fri Jul 6 03:51:11 PDT 2001

At 12:35 pm +0200 6/7/01, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>Kevin Marks wrote:
>>
>>  At 9:40 am +0200 6/7/01, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>>  >Expect some questions from me on qt-api, soon...  But I'm glad to tell you
>>  >that i found the main problem, erm, i found a page in the qt4 api doc that
>>  >i hadn't seen before...  about struct SoundDescriptionV1.  That helped :-)
>>  >

>>  Yes, you need to grok that. Have you twigged to
>>  SoundDescriptionExtensions and codecsettings yet?
>
>What would I need the SoundDescription extensions for?

Keeping data you need for the sequence of frames in (Codebooks make
sense here to me). You get called like this:
SoundComponentSetInfo(yourComponent, 0, siDecompressionParams, codecSettings).

They are stored in a SoundDescriptionExtension with the same tag,
which is how your importer would put them there:

AddSoundDescriptionExtension(sampleDesc, codecSettings, siDecompressionParams);

>And I can't find codecsettings?

This terminology shows up in the sequence grabber and sound
compression dialog - it maps to the same thing.