[vorbis-dev] WAVE Format info

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Sun Jul 29 13:03:59 PDT 2001

At the risk of throwing more fuel on the fire, I found the following document
on the Microsoft website.  It appears to be the file format counterpart to the
API documentation presented by Chris Wolf.  I'm not familiar with the WAVE
format, so I'll let you guys interpret it (or tell me it is irrelevant):

http://www.microsoft.com/HWDEV/audio/multichaud.htm

[As an aside: Why does Microsoft make it so hard to find a definitive spec for
the WAVE format?  I searched their site in vain for something resembling a
"RIFF Audio Spec, Version XXX.YYY" document.  It isn't like this is new
technology or anything.]

---
Stan Seibert