[vorbis-dev] oggenc doesn't work?!?

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 26 06:39:37 PDT 2001

At 01:37 PM 7/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> MS> Could someone with some webspace and a working compiler throw up a
>binary
>> MS> of this for people to test?
>>
>> Here's a binary I just compiled:
>>
>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~dim/oggenc.zip  (193518 bytes)
>>
>> It seems to work fine, AFAICS. I had to correct a typo (whars instead
>> of wchars) in utf8.c to get it to compile, though. I also patched for
>> a warning about the declaration and the definition of the
>> utf8_encode() function differing. See attached diff.
>
>Actually, the utf8_encode() warning should be fixed by modifying the
>function in the C file, not the prototype in the H file. Your change fixes
>the warning on Windows, but causes the warning on *nix. :-)
>
>My patch made this fix; apparently it was missed in the process of applying
>the patch by hand. (I should probably get an e-mail client that doesn't
>introduce quoted-unprintable damage).

Thanks guys, fixes applied. Should work fine now.
Peter - I don't think it was your fault with the patch, I wanted to
hand-apply it for other reasons (like fixing the debug messages to go
to stderr, not stdout, and coding-style consistency). Anyway, it's all
there now.

Dimitry - thanks for compiling this. Win32 people who use oggenc - please
try it out.

Michael