[vorbis-dev] Quicktime Component

Kevin Marks kmarks at apple.com
Tue Jul 24 11:16:48 PDT 2001

At 1:50 PM +0200 7/24/01, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>It isn't -- it is for normal packets.  A packet in Ogg can be fragmented over
>several ogg pages, so that it won't be continuous in the ogg file, so I either
>need to a) call AddMediaSampleReference() several times for one packet,
>so the
>one ogg packet will be several quicktime samples, so I need to do some tricks
>with frameDuration, as AddMediaSample() doesn't allow me to use
>frameDuration=0
>for the packet fragments before the last.

Was b) putting the page parsing in the decoder, and adding bigger
chunks of the file in the importer? This does seem awkward too.

>But even in mp3 _all_ samples are dependent on the previous ones for decoding?
>And setting the "this-is-not-a-key-frame" flag on _all_ samples in a stream
>seems like a bad idea to me (seeking gets horrible?)

There isn't any such flag for audio. I think the assumption is that
the decoder will settle down in a few frames. I'm not close to this
code so I haven't explored this much, but you may get a slight glitch
seeking within an MP3 or Qdesgn file for similar reasons.