[vorbis-dev] Verifying stream integrity

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Jul 7 10:22:09 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 01:50:46AM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> Is there a good way to verify the integrity of an Ogg/Vorbis stream?  I
> suffered some disk corruption a while back, and it'd be great if I could
> have a tool that would help me determine which files need to be replaced.

ogg123 using the null device will complain if an Ogg file contains any
bad or missing pages.  Of course, it's going through a full decode
cycle too...

Kenneth/Mike/Jack: This would be an interesting feature and probably
easy to implement...  Just use the paging abstraction of the ogg layer
and leave out the actual decode step.

Monty