[vorbis-dev] ogg123 oss plugin plays garbage

Ingo Saitz Ingo.Saitz at stud.uni-hannover.de
Sun Jan 28 19:51:46 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 09:45:49PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> I tried to use the current cvs version of ogg123 with oss output and the
> ogg just sounds like static.

Ok, I can confirm that on an i386 architecture. The problem lies
in libao. Someone did a great job pasting the _is_big_endian()
function from ao/src/plugins/alsa/ao_alsa.c to oss/ao_oss.c. But
accidentially one '=' caracter is missing in the line 63:

        if (bytewise[0] = 0xba) return 1;

    Ingo

--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE