[vorbis-dev] Bug: oggenc

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Jan 12 02:58:19 PST 2001

At 11:24 AM 1/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>>> I can't use blanks in custom track comments (-c "TRACKCOMMENT=Floorplay
>>> remix").
>> BTW, you should be using the VERSION comment tag for this field, rather
>> than inventing your own. See http://snow.ashlu.bc.ca/ogg/v-comment.html
>> for the list of canonical options.
>
>Ahhh.... Tnx... Maybe programs someday will USE the comments ;-)

Some of the player plugins (winamp and xmms at least, probably some of the
others) use a few of the tags, if present.

>> Your metadata watchdog, =)
>
>OBTW: Does a .ogg (re)tagger/tag editor exists?

Yes, vorbiscomment. It runs only on unix, and only during some phases of
the moon. Mostly it serves as an almost-complete example of how to do it,
it isn't itself useful. A useful one is planned for 1.0 (or possibly before).

Michael