[vorbis-dev] Idea for gapless tracks

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Sun Jan 7 03:55:33 PST 2001

Beni Cherniavsky wrote:
[snip]
> click by a slope.  Maybe this can be improved by crossmixing different length
> at different frequencies, in the spirit of wavelets  (has anybody ever done
> such a thing?  This seems more like "cross-equalizing" - does vorbis allow
> fast and easy equalization in the decoder?).

How about slowing down or speeding up the playing track to match the
speed of the new track? If you have frequency information it shouldn't
be too hard to get the speeds based on the low frequencies.

This is all rather low priority player stuff ofcourse.

Lourens (gee I seem productive today, wrote lotsamails and the day isn't
even halfway)