[vorbis-dev] Signal Theory && Ogg file format

Mike Coleman mcoleman2 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 1 18:22:34 PST 2001

David Riley <oscar at the-rileys.net> writes:
> Rolly Arnaud wrote:
> >
> > tutorial/explanation about the ogg file format ? The sources are not very
> > well documented (subjective opinion, dont flame!)!
>
> I don't think I've ever heard anyone compliment the documentation on
> this list.  Are there any experienced documentation writers here?  I'd
> volunteer, but people say my explanations are harder to understand than
> the source code for most things, so I think I'll abstain.

There are a few docs on vorbis.org, and some explanatory gems in the mailing
list archives (hard to find, though).  Erik Kruus had some walkthrough-style
docs on the net, but I think he moved his machine and I'm not sure where those
are available now.

I'm working on understanding and documenting the vorbis algorithms, etc.  I
might have something to show in a few days.

--Mike

--
[O]ne of the features of the Internet [...] is that small groups of people can
greatly disturb large organizations.  --Charles C. Mann