[vorbis-dev] DropOgg for MacOS.

Michael Smith msmith at xn.com.au
Tue Jan 30 14:48:40 PST 2001

"Jeffrey H. Johnson" wrote:

> On 1/31/01 8:21 AM +1100 msmith at labyrinth.net.au wrote:
>
> > Basically, you have to make it possible for users to replace libvorbis
> > (with an updated version, for instance).
> > This is usually accomplished by either a) providing the source to your
> > program, or b) dynamically linking libvorbis. Either is sufficient. Simply
> > providing a single statically linked binary is not.
>
> Using a dynamic link.  Also, I haven't made any modifications (except a
> few simple compile-time fixes) to libvorbis, so I think it's in the clear.

If there are fixes needed, we'd like to get them into the main
distribution. Technically, you have to make available ANY changes, no
matter how trivial - but we mostly just want libvorbis to work as-is on
pretty much every platform. If you could send a patch with all the
required changes, we'd much appreciate it.

Michael