[vorbis-dev] DropOgg for MacOS.

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Jan 30 13:21:53 PST 2001

At 04:07 PM 1/30/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I've done a simple Vorbis encoder for MacOS -- what must I do to ensure
>that I'm probably complying with the LGPL?

Basically, you have to make it possible for users to replace libvorbis
(with an updated version, for instance).
This is usually accomplished by either a) providing the source to your
program, or b) dynamically linking libvorbis. Either is sufficient. Simply
providing a single statically linked binary is not.

Michael

p.s. You really don't need to send this to both vorbis and vorbis-dev. It's
clearly appropriate to vorbis-dev.